How To Use The Bowling Arm
PICKING UP THE BOWL
1. Arrange the bowl in the arm with the correct bias and alignment, placing the bowl between your feet in the position you require.
2. Hold the arm at a forward leaning angle and the jaws will fit over the bowl.
3. With your thumb around the handgrip (not on top) lightly clench your fingers until the bowl can be picked up.
1. When you swing the arm, it is not necessary to force the delivery.
2. By lifting the arm up in front of your body the target area can be lined up and the weight of the bowl will naturally allow your arm to go into the backswing prior to delivery. The height of the back swing will depend on the distance required.
1. Line up as you would for a normal delivery. Be sure to take plenty of backswing without too much wrist, as you should be swinging from the shoulder.
2. As the arm swings forward, unclench your fingers slightly to release the bowl at the bottom of the swing, near the heal of your foot.
3. Several practice swings should iron out any early, or late, release problems.
SOME FURTHER CONSIDERATIONS
GRIP: Hold the arm in a loose clasp. DO NOT clench your fingers tightly, as this will tend to effect the release.
STANCE: A fixed stance satisfactory, some people prefer to take a short step, although this brings the arm closer to the green and must be allowed for.